Campanile is named for the traditional Italian bell towers that are located in every community symbolizing the place where people gather. The fruit for the Campanile Pinot Grigio was grown in the Grave sub region of the province Fruili-Venezia Giulia, located in the northeastern corner of Italy. Friuli has long been recognized as the producer of the best Italian white wines, and the sub region of Grave is noted for its vibrant Pinot Grigio filled with lively aromas, a light and crisp texture, and intense fruit flavors. The alluvial debris of this region is rich in gravel and sand, thus the local name, Grave. Grave is one of the ﬁ nest areas in Friuli for Pinot Grigio. Its perfect location between the Adriatic coast and the Julian Alps provides the essential climatic elements responsible for the unique varietal characteristics of ﬁne Pinot Grigio grapes.
Campanile Pinot Grigio
This Campanile wine is a blend primarily of Pinot Grigio grapes, but small amounts of Chardonnay and Pinot Bianco were added to balance the structure and add creamy apple-vanilla flavors. Vinification in stainless steel tanks took place for 10 days at controlled temperatures. This cool fermentation was done in order to retain the varietal character of the Pinot Grigio grapes. The wine was matured for four months in stainless steel to retain freshness, balance, and good acidity in the finished wine.
85% of the grapes sourced for Campanile Pinot Grigio are sourced from the Friuli region, while the remaining 15% is sourced from Trentino. An excellent compliment to hors d’oeuvres, seafood, fish or roast chicken.
It, Now! |
You must be 21 or over to place or receive an order. Currently shipping to AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NM, NC, NY, OH, OR, SC, SD, VA, WA, WI, WY. Availability and Price Subject to change